8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 3:07 AM by ztenerowicz

Deleting document attachments by Jive in ESP

kamilwylegala

Hello,

I work on the Egnyte external storage provider for Jive and I cannot figure out how Jive deletes attachments in ESP. External Storage API Docs say that attachments should contain resources as follows:

• self | DELETE | Called when Jive needs to delete an attachment from ESP.
      • downloadAttachment |POST | Called when Jive needs to download an attachment from ESP.

So I implemented those. But unfortunately resource "self" with method "DELETE" does not work. I mean Jive does not request this resource. So it results in deleted attachment in Jive, not in ESP. Please tell me what it should look like to get work properly.

There is also mistake in documentation because "downloadAttachment" resource works with GET method instead POST. Please fix it.

Regards,

Kamil Wylegała.

• Re: Deleting document attachments by Jive in ESP

Kamil,

Thanks for posting this question.  Just now getting turned back around to the community post JiveWorld14 Developer Conference

JiveWorld14 Developer Conference ... It's a Wrap!

and needing to play catch up a bit.  Were you able to get resolution to this question. I can try to loop in Lev Waisberg and Moshe Peretz to see if they have any answers for you in the JC, and will escalate internally to see how to get this question answered.

Documentation aside, have you tried providing the "TRASH"/"UNTRASH" resources instead of DELETE?  While this may not be related to this thread...we've seen some issues with non-privileged accounts trying to execute the DELETE resource without the proper permissions.

Hope this helps, but also ... hoping we can get you the right help ASAP.

ztenerowicz

We waited for the "right help" but I found some time to test your suggestion.

With no documentation it's hard to guess the key to put the trash action under. I tried returning following resources for attachment:

'resources': [

{

"name": "self",

"url": <some working url>,

"verbs": ['DELETE']

},

{

"name": "trashFile",

"verbs": ["POST"]

}, {

"name": "trashAttachment",

"url":<some working url>,

}, {

"name": "trash",

},

{

"name": "downloadAttachment",

"url":<some working url>,

"verbs": ['GET']

}

]

Whenever I delete the attachment in Jive nothing is sent to us at all. So returning trash resources.

Could we please get an actual description of what to define to get the attachment delete requests instead of incentives to guess ourselves this time?

Currently, there's a bug with deleting document attachments.

Notice, however, that this bug doesn't happen with discussions and blog posts.