3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 1:00 PM by dmogolov

How to organize Subtasks in the Tasks Widget

Stephanie Standring

I am using the Tasks Widget on the overview page for a few of the projects created in a space. When I create subtasks they do not show below the Tasks in the widget. In fact they are in no order that I can see. Only when I click on 'Tasks' in the menu bar can I see the subtasks below the Task. I have looked to modify this widget for different display but I cannot. Is there something I can use that will give me the functionality I am looking for? I tried looking for an Idea submitted on this but could not. Any information will be helpful. Thank you!

How I would like the tasks to display in this widget (some sort of order):

Task 1

Task 2

subtask to Task 2

Task 3

OR

Task 1

Task 2

Subtask to Task 2

Task 3

• Re: How to organize Subtasks in the Tasks Widget
          salnowak

We have the same question.

• Re: How to organize Subtasks in the Tasks Widget

Hi salnowak & Stephanie Standring -

It does look like when using the "Tasks" widget, all tasks are ordered by their due date and there is no ordering or grouping by subtasks. It looks like there is inconsistency between how tasks show in the "Tasks" widget and how they show in the "Tasks" tab in a project.

Here is what we see in the "Tasks" tab in a project. Here we can see the grouping and hierarchy of sub-tasks.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 9.50.15 AM.png

Here is what the widget looks like. Here we can see that tasks are shown in a 'flat' list, and all tasks are simply ordered by Due date.:

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 9.50.13 AM.png

Because of this consistency, I've filed a new bug for our engineering team. The bug ID is JIVE-52758.

There isn't an ETA on this bug being resolved, but I would encourage each of you to create new support cases around this issue so we can associate this bug with your support cases and your organizations. This will help our engineering team in prioritizing this bug, so they can measure how many customer have been impacted by it, and it also allows our support team to proactively reach out to you once the issue is closed in a future version.