3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 9:44 AM by rich.blank

Federated Search and Securtiy

lu_bu

We are just getting into implementation of our Jive instance and I'm trying to figure out what our options are for security of federated search. Let's say we have five security groups and three different locations that we search through a Google Search Appliance. Can I control which of those indexes are made available through federated search by using Jive security groups OR are the federated search indexes basically the same for all Jive users?

• Re: Federated Search and Securtiy
          rich.blank

Jive does not index external content...only searches and aggregates results.   So we are making calls to external sources based on security of those systems.  Results returned would be security trimmed based on security of those systems. Make sense?

Some customers do tweak search UI and you could apply some custom rules in whats displayed if you want.

• Re: Federated Search and Securtiy
              lu_bu

I get the part Jive doesn't index other sources. I'm just wondering that if we create three different indexes in our GSA, is there something in Jive that will allow us to show a specific index to a user based on group/setting/something. We want people to search some external content but we don't want everyone to search everything and I know it would be way to difficult to try and map permission groups between multiple systems.