4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 10:11 AM by john.hungerford

Jive Data Export - Selecting Date Range for CSV download

mnolan

Greetings,  I am new to the Data Export feature.  It looks pretty straight forward. I have read through some of the threads posted, and viewed videos from the JW conference.  What I am trying to do is pretty basic so I'm sure I am missing something.

I am simply trying to do a straight CSV extract of all activity records within a date range.  I enter my date range as shown below and click preview.  Everything looks good.  I only see sample records for the dates selected.  I then click the Download Activity CSV option. The data is exported going back to the time we implemented our Jive instance.  Anyone have an idea on what I have missed?

Jive Data Export.png

• Re: Jive Data Export - Selecting Date Range for CSV download
          Caton Guilbault

Hi Michele,

I think the DES grabs 50K rows of data regardless of filters chosen when using the explorer site at least. It has every time I've used the system unless I stack filters to whittle down the total data set to less than 50K.  You might get more control if you leverage the API via get commands. Depending on your specific use case this could be a bug or a feature.

• Re: Jive Data Export - Selecting Date Range for CSV download
              mnolan

Thank you Caton for your insight.  Unfortunately, I don't have experience with Get commands for the API option.  I just planned to extract my data and move it into MS Access where I could build the reports I need for our business area.

Jive moderators - can you please confirm if you consider the data export to be working properly in respect to what I described above, or if this is a bug?  It doesn't make sense to me to specify a date range if it ultimately won't be applied to the data that is exported.  I'n hoping that it is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming release.  Thanks!