11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 2:57 PM by clairetaz

Using Jive for Talent Management?

kkneeland

Hi all,

I have a group that is interested in using an internal Jive community specifically for internal talent management and mobility. Are there are groups out there that have done this successfully and would be willing to chat? I saw Rachel Duran's discussion about how HR Teams leverage Jive but didn't see any responses. Rachel Duran do you have a success story you could share?

• Re: Using Jive for Talent Management?
          trevormerriden

We'd be happy to talk to you about our experiences of this - where are you based? I've copied in my colleague Michael Moran on this as well as I'm sure he'd be willing to join the debate.

tmaurer

We aren't using it this way. What I can add is that you'll need buy-in that people will use the features. The only way it is likely to be useful is if everyone is contributing to endorsements. Everyone should add their own skills as they see them. Managers should endorse their direct reports skills, perhaps as part of regular performance reviews. Colleagues should endorse each other. We are finding it difficult to motivate anyone to bother with endorsements. Many thought it would be a great idea, few follow through.

racheld

We are still working on building this as a platform. Right now we are using a space for customer service recognition.

Patty McEnaney

Hi Rachel,

I just watched the JW 14 presentation, "Connect the Dots" by Shauna Burd, you and ahawkins. I had been at the presentation but wanted to view it again because there was so much "meat" in there. Shauna mentioned a use case of highlighting great service stories. I really liked this idea and want to do it for our internal instance. Any chance you can share some specifics? Who can nominate? How and where do they nominate -- in Jive? using a form? Are the submissions moderated and if so, who decides if the story get published. I know Shauna said people can get badges and prizes. Anything else you can offer in this regard? Thanks so much. I also really enjoyed the other presentation you gave with Kirsten on executive engagement. Sharing your work with others is so helpful and giving. That's what the Jive Community is all about! I'm happy and thankful to be a member.

racheld

Thank you!

Yes, more specifically, the G.R.E.A.T. Service space is a place to recognize our associates by publishing letters written in by customers. We pull comments from NPS, emails to corporate, and social media. We then vet the stories and review them through a committee (consisting of reps from social, consumer marketing, learning/development, HR, customer service operations, and more). We pick a handful to post each week, and pick one as our featured story and associate (we use the "view document" and "featured user" widgets for this display). Each person that is selected receives a coveted Service Star badge. I also forward the featured story to our CEO, EVP of Store Operations, HR execs and field leaders, encouraging them to comment on the story to increase excitement and engagement.

We just started this process a little over a month ago, so I don't have a lot to share in the way of results, unfortunately.

trevormerriden

Hi Kelsey - let me know if you want me to share our experiences re this thread as per earlier message   - happy to talk Trevor