13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 1:43 PM by susan_rubio

Power User Engagement Program

triplettt

Hi Kirsten Laaspere

At JW14 you talked about your power user engagement program.  I'd like to follow up with you about your approach.  Can we set up a time in early December for a telecon?

• Re: Power User Engagement Program
          KirstenL

Happy to chat!  Afternoon on December 3rd or anytime other than 11-12 December 5th (EST) work for me.

benikuhn

I'd like to participate

Patty McEnaney

Kirsten Laaspere benikuhn

Tammy, you started something good, so thank you. Can we do it December 3 from 3:00 to 4:00 EST? I can set up a conference call for the three of us in the US, but, Beni, I am not sure about how you would participate. I am not savvy enough to have you call me and patch you in to GlobalMeet:)!

KirstenL

Could we do 1-2?  I have a conflict at 3:30 now.

Patty McEnaney

Great. Just getting ready to send out the invite.

• Re: Re: Power User Engagement Program
                          KirstenL

MANIFESTO (written by the champions)

Champions are associates who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about THE COMMUNITY, who are willing to give their time and skills to the community by helping their fellow associates to learn to use and love the platform as well. The biggest benefit of having this team of Champions is that it is a company wide initiative.  This means it not only encourages collaboration among teams or organizations, but across the company as a whole.  The Champions bring the organization together in a manner in a new, refreshing, and exciting way.  In return, Champions are rewarded with early access to information about future developments, which they can use to help the company position itself to embrace the new platform. Another way Champions are rewarded is by actually getting to be a part of and participating in building out the platform they are so passionate about. It's one thing to use it and love it, but quite another to get to be a part of the implementation of it.  Best of all, the Champions program fuels its own growth, as Champions foster enthusiasm and expertise in their peers. The program benefits the community by enabling forward-thinking and community-oriented individuals to become teachers and collaborators as the firm moves towards universal community adoption.

FOR MANAGERS

In terms of time commitment, being a Champion is entirely voluntary.  We ask that Champions share their name, photo, and expertise so it is possible that someone might reach out to them as a local contact, but any larger training or strategy/consultation will still go through our official team.  Champions serve as local touch points not only to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for THE COMMUNITY with their team, but also to help us get a sense of each local community to keep us in touch with our global user base.  It is possible we may ask Champions to help out with roadshow type events, but every Champion's 'real' job always comes first and a Champion is allowed to say no to any request that gets in the way of their day to day work.  The only other thing we ask is that every Champion follows the USER FORUM to help answer community questions as they arise.  The more eyes we get on that forum, the better!

In terms of perks, Champions get a special badge on THE COMMUNITY, access to a secret site just for Champions, a monthly call with the Community Manager that reviews pilots, news, updates, and generally shares more information than the public gets to know, early access to pilots and other tools, and a general sense of being awesome.

FOR POTENTIAL CHAMPIONS

Once you get manager sign off to become a Champion, make sure you have a profile photo, and send me a quote for your Champion Page, I’ll induct you officially!  Until then, I’d love to see you on the USER FORUM answering questions where you can.  Engagement is the way to win points not only with me but in THE COMMUNITY too

Patty McEnaney

Kirsten,

Thanks again for your time and for sending this out. I love anything called a Manifesto:)!. Thanks for modelling what an effective community manager does and sharing your knowledge and philosophy of transparency with your JC colleagues. With gratitude...

triplettt

Kirsten -

Thank you so much!  This is awesome and we are looking forward to rolling out our champion program early next year :-)

We are brainstorming ideas on how to select the champions.   We have around 20K employees so, based on scaling your model about 10 sounds right for us. I think you said yours sort of self-surfaced in your early days.  Is that right?  We are at about 97% active so I think we might be past the self-surface point.  Ideas we are throwing around are hand-pick, leader board, org/location coverage, volunteer, and nominate.  Thoughts on any of these approaches?

Thank you again for your time and willingness to share information

Tammy

KirstenL

I think all of those are good approaches.  When you're looking to hand-pick people who bubble to the surface, look for the ones who are answering questions that may be out of their actual work scope - the ones who are helping out simply by nature of being social and collaborative.  Those are the ones you want to grab and hold on to.  Then I would focus on subject matter experts next - those who have a skill that would serve well in using Jive (these people also need to have an altruistic personality - that will always be key).  The third grouping of people would be volunteer, mostly because they want to help, which makes them ideal for the position.

The other thing I would import is that this list of people can and should be fluid - it's a voluntary position so you can be more flexible.  Give them a trial period and at the end you can evaluate your list of folks, see where there are gaps, see where there were 'no-shows' and go for a round two. 

susan_rubio

We are gearing up to do this as well. Thanks so much for all of the great info and ideas!