2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 6:40 AM by mark.schwanke

Allow users to create and edit documents but not delete

mrlinnegar

Our team is working to create a group of users that have permission to upload and edit files but not delete. It appears by default that user's get this level of permission but are able to delete any document they create themselves. From what I've seen in space permission settings I can only allow create permissions for documents that seem to include but create and delete bundled as one. Is it possible to get this level of granularity of user permissions on documents?

• Re: Allow users to create and edit documents but not delete

Hi James - In Jive the permission to "Create" a document also controls whether or not the user is able to edit documents, as well if they can delete their own documents. In other words, if a user is able to create a new document in a place, then they should also be able to edit and delete their own documents. There is no way to separate out these permissions today.

• Re: Allow users to create and edit documents but not delete
              mark.schwanke

Thanks David Bastedo

mrlinnegar

Have you thought about creating a Jive Idea for this? I would like to give people the option to edit and create their own content but not to be able to delete it unless there are zero comments or at least have a warning explaining why they shouldn't delete it.  If they are still allowed to delete it, it would be helpful to have a moderator alerted that someone chose to delete the post and then have a moderator determine if the content should be restored so the comments/replies aren't lost.  I always feel bad when someone tries to spring clean and deletes a lot of other people's content.