8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 12:24 PM by shankacie

Jive Archiving  - HELP!!!

cannese

Jive use began for us 3+ years ago  - NO maintenance done since  - now becoming large dump of obsolete content.  LOVE the tool, just need to make it more user-friendly!!

Decision was made to "hide" obsolete items by date, there is just too much content to try to identify by document/blog/post/discussion.

Looking for quick/easy way to identify and then archive obsolete content, so users do not have to look at the old stuff and they can begin to trust the content again,  as a useful and current tool.

Reviewed Jive KB  but the amount of content there is huge - HELP!!!   Not sure where to begin, no time to review it all - of course desire to get archiving done  ASAP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Jive Archiving  - HELP!!!

Hi Cathy - There is know built in auto-archiving feature in Jive for older content. Normally this has to be done manually. I've seen some folks take older content that is no longer relevant and move it to a dedicated 'Archive' space that has limited permissions, and after a certain period of time admins will delete content that has been moved into that place.  You could use tools like CMR to find content that hasn't been updated recently or has little traction to determine what should be archived.

cannese

Hi David,

Thanks for responding to my request regarding clean-up of Jive content.  The holidays have kept me from this project, but I do appreciate your time and suggestions. I have a few more questions that you may be able to answer, or may be able to forward my request to the appropriate parties.

• Not sure what a CRM tool is - online research shows possibly "Continuous Mutual Reporting"
              • Is there a tool within Jive that I can use to run a report  to see content activity within a specified date/time?
              • Any other suggestions or examples for timely content clean-up?

Thanks,

Cathy

Not sure what a CRM tool is - online research shows possibly "Continuous Mutual Reporting"

I was referring to Jive's Community Manager Reports, also known as CMR, which is a reporting tool that is available to all Jive customers. You can review the documentation on this module here: Community Manager Reports

Is there a tool within Jive that I can use to run a report  to see content activity within a specified date/time?

You can use CMR to run reports for specific periods of time to see what the content appears in the "Content Leaderboard" charts. This may be helpful.

Any other suggestions or examples for timely content clean-up?

Another idea is to go to the "Content" list page (JiveURL.com/content) and change the order to "Sort by latest activity: oldest first" or "Sort by date created: oldest first". This can be a good way to get a list of inactive or old content.

laurenpoole

Hi David,

Your suggestions on this are very helpful as we are also looking into how we can get rid of old/inactive content.

When you go to the content list page and change the order to "Sort by latest activity: oldest first", what constitutes "latest activity"? Does this include views? It doesn't seem to as I found the oldest according to latest activity and viewed it and this did not change it's place in the list.

Would be great if you can clarify this at all.

Many thanks,

Lauren

Latest activity does not account for views. The latest activity is based on actions taken on that content by users, like comments, replies, and edits.

cannese

David -

I was going to ask the same question – what does “latest activity” really entail?

We want to make sure the content we decide to pull from view, has not been looked at, viewed, or searched for, during a specific time frame - not just items that have been commented on, replied to, or edited in some way.

So it sounds like "latest activity" is not going to be the best way for us to sort older content, to be removed from view.

Any other suggestions?

I understand Cathy - With this in mind then using the "Latest Activity" is not going to be perfect solution, as it does mean that you may end up finding content that has an old "Latest Activity" date but it was still recently viewed.

As briefly mentioned earlier, another option is to use Jive's Community Manager Reports (CMR), where there is a report called the Content Leaderboard. You can export a CSV file of this report and then sort it by content with the least number of views, along with the creation date. Again, this does not necessarily mean that the content wasn't viewed recently, but it will give you a good sense of what your least popular content is and how old it is.