2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 12:06 PM by scott1134

Followers

scott1134

I'm new to this so I have a few questions:  After I create a task it automatically places the assignees as followers.  Do these need to stay present in followers or wouldn't they automatically be a follower because the task is assigned to them?  Can they be deleted from Followers and still be a follower because the task is addressed to them?

Also:  How come I can't add someone as a follower.  I get a red bar that states they can't be added are the user doesn't have access to the task.  This is why I'm adding them as a follower....

• Re: Followers

Hi Scott,

By design, anytime you assign a task to someone they will also be added as a follower. They can remove themselves from following the task and still update it however, they would not receive any email notifications on the task.

Also:  How come I can't add someone as a follower.  I get a red bar that states they can't be added are the user doesn't have access to the task.  This is why I'm adding them as a follower....

If your Project is Restricted, you will not be able to add Followers unless the task is assigned to them.

If the Project is Open, you will be able to add followers without assigning them the task.

project.png

Hope this helps.

• Re: Followers
              scott1134

Thank you John.  This solved the problem.

Scott Kaye

FHR, LLC.

888 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 704

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301

954-675-9947, cell

954-252-4666, fax

Main Office:

17757 Woodland Drive

New Boston, Michigan 48164