3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 12:08 PM by scooter12ga

Removing Image Zoom functionality

mandardm

Hi Customer Support,

How do I remove the Image zoom functionality when I click an image in a Text Widget? Basically I have an image in a Text widget and I want the image to do nothing when I click on it - no zoom, no links etc.

I am not a developer, so I don't understand what a Jive class is or what javascript is etc. If you can provide me the exact steps to achieve this, that would be great.

Thanks,

Mandar

• Re: Removing Image Zoom functionality

Hi Mandar Mulay - Unfortunately the Jive app doesn't have any built in functionality around disabling the image zoom / popup behavior. This would require some sort of custom development to disable - This type of work would be better handled in the Jive Developers space. I'll move the discussion to that place in hope of someone in the community being able to provide some guidance.

mandardm

Hello Dev Community,

I wanted to again reach out to see if there were any options to disable the image zoom functionality?

Any piece of code will help, along with some instructions on where to place the code and how to execute it.

Thanks,

Mandar

scooter12ga

Hi Mandar Mulay, there are a couple solutions mentioned in the thread I linked below.  Even though these are for older Jive versions, the general idea should work in your current version.  Some very basic HTML and Javascript knowledge will be necessary to implement this, however, because the examples provided are "generic" and don't exactly represent the function in use.  In addition, you will need some knowlege of your Jive admin functions - specifically, adding scripts to your theme.

Re: How to disable image zoom in Jive SBS 4.5.5.1

The example I provided gives the *exact* script, but the HTML snippet is incomplete.  You'll need to use some basic HTML knowledge to put together the pieces.  In addition, since you want to disable the zoom in a widget, not a document, you will probably need to add the script code to one of the templates such as places.soy or header-javascript.ftl depending on your Jive version and your desired scope of the customization.

Hopefully this helps.

Mike

1 person found this helpful