6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 9:27 PM by sharakarasic

Relias Learning external community

bcarpenter@reliaslearning.com

Here's the home page for my community, Relias Connect. This is from the public facing side so names have been replaced

Screenshot_43.png

• Re: Relias Learning external community
          jkurutz

Looks nice, Brett!

Does your Jive community interface with your LMS? I'm sure there must be ways of accessing or looking at the contents of an LMS from a Jive community, but I don't know the technical details. What's your experience?

Thanks. - Josh

Hi Josh! Thanks!

Currently we have a one way street from our LMS to our community through SSO. As each of our customers have their own unique URL, it would be a nightmare to try and have a link back to their LMS.

We are also looking into gamifying our LMS and link that through to the community as well since we do currently use Bunchball in the community. I plan to be asking Pearson/Kim England a lot of questions about this

~

Brett

jkurutz

Thanks, Brett. I think we could probably rig up something so people in our education program could go from the LMS to the community, too. Are there any technical requirements/interfaces other than SSO?

Our other challenge is the reverse: how to let people in the community know what's going on within the LMS without showing all the content. For instance, if someone comes to our community and announces, "Hi, I'm new to this technology and I have a bunch of basic questions", then we'd like to be able to point them to our education branch's offerings without leaving the community.

Thanks. - Josh

Are there any technical requirements/interfaces other than SSO?

Not really. We use a simple link from any LMS into our community with SSO and SAML. This transfers over their name and email address to auto-create an account (if one doesn't already exist). It's also set up to open in a new tab/window so they don't lost their LMS page.

Our other challenge is the reverse: how to let people in the community know what's going on within the LMS without showing all the content. For instance, if someone comes to our community and announces, "Hi, I'm new to this technology and I have a bunch of basic questions", then we'd like to be able to point them to our education branch's offerings without leaving the community.

Why not have your education branch have a group/space in your community? We have our support team monitoring questions that come in to the community. A majority of them are in regards to the LMS. They can link to documents in our knowledge base and easily answer their questions. We also want to promote customers helping each other.

Thanks Brett for your participation. Great post.

sharakarasic Brett is a fantastic community manager that you may want to connect with and he has integrated their LMS with the community which is discussed in the thread.