5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 9:08 AM by david.bastedo

Change Group Owner

jzerden

I have a private group that is owned by someone that has left the company. How can I, as the admin, change the owner?

Thanks

• Re: Change Group Owner

Jon Zerden - An admin with "Full Access" system permissions will be able to go into the group and change the membership roles for the social group so that there is a different admin of the group.

Let me know if this helps answer your question.

jzerden

So I went into the group - and I dont see anything to press.

Screen shot attached

1-26-2015 12-11-02 PM.png

It looks like you may not have Full Access system administration permissions.  Once you have this, you will then see a new "Manage" menu in the top right of the group, which will let you access a page where you can manager the members of the group.

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 1.53.03 PM.png

jzerden

How can I call for support?  I have admin access - but cant figure out what needs to change.

1-26-2015 2-23-19 PM.png

You can always create a new support case to get direct support from Jive by going to your secret support group at  Athletes Performance and clicking "Start a case".

One more thing to check before you do that is to go to Admin Console: Permissions > System Administration and then click "User access check" and then enter in your user ID.  This will tell you the permissions your user account has:

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 9.07.22 AM.png

If you do not have Full Access as your permissions then you will need to change the permission rules for either your account or the permission group you're in (which looks like is called System Admins) so that it has Full Access permissions:

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 9.08.18 AM.png