3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 12:52 PM by cflanagan17

Regulated Industries: I have a question for you

gedileon

I am the community manager of communities within the Financial Services industry. As you can imagine, I have a close relationship with our compliance and legal partners! The latest that came up was our desire to allow our Experts on the community to recommend books. Legal is saying we would need to read/vet the books before allowing Experts to recommend them.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I'm trying to figure out if our partners are being too conservative or if this is common practice.

Thanks!

cc janpercival

• Re: Regulated Industries: I have a question for you
          Billy Volpone

Hi Genevieve,

Firstly, I'm a big fan of your community deployment... really great looking and well designed site. As for your question, while I'm not in a regulated industry, I do understand your legal team's concern. With many of our healthcare and financial services clients, "recommendations" of any kind can be seen as a possible pitfall. However, related to books that are simply interesting and industry related, I'm not sure how that would fall into the "professional advice" factor as much as straight suggestions on health or financial decisions. With that said though, I'd still like someone other than myself, from your industry if possible, to share their thoughts.

Libby Taylor... off the top of your head, can you think of a few community managers we have in fiserv that might like to help?

• Re: Regulated Industries: I have a question for you
            cflanagan17

gedileon I think this comes down to your terms of service and whether you warrant or endorse content that is user generated. Here's what was in CSC's external community policy (this was something that was part of the end user T&C acceptance process).

CSC Community Registered User Privacy Statement and User Agreement

You are solely responsible and liable for any postings delivered to the Community using your account. CSC reserves the right to remove any posting and limit or terminate access to you at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice from CSC.

CSC does not control and is not responsible for any notes, messages, billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material, or files delivered to the Community by you or other Users. CSC is not obligated to and does not regularly review, monitor, delete or edit postings. However, CSC reserves the right to do so at any time in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason. These activities do not impose any responsibility or liability on CSC for damages arising from postings or from CSC’s alteration of postings. CSC is not responsible or liable for damages of any kind arising from any postings even when CSC is advised of the possibility of such damages and even if CSC has taken responsive action in other cases.