3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 8:53 PM by petermartarna

Jive App on iPhone crashing

srsprouse22

Has anyone experienced a problem where their iPhone crashes to the point where no other apps will open when using their iPhone? I usually have to restore my iPhone because it becomes so glitchy after using the app and I feel like this can't be normal. Any help trying to figure this out would be great.

• Re: Jive App on iPhone crashing
          petermartarna

Hi Steven

I'm on iPhone 6 and use the app a couple times a day without issue.

Could you know post further details, like which model, OS version. What did have open before or maybe something running in background.

Best of luck

srsprouse22

Peter,

I'm using an iPhone 6 v. 8.1.3 - it generally occurs when I'm at work on my work wifi and trying to use the app, or after I just used a VMWare Horizon App. It's so strange and I seem to be the only one experiencing this.

petermartarna

Hi Steven

Apologies on the late reply. I put this aside to reply later and then it slipped my mind.

I gather the vmWare Horizon App is connecting to your work.

When at work and it fails have you tried reconnecting just through your mobile connect. That is, turning off the wifi so you aren't using the work wifi connection. If that works then try again the work wifi. Expectation is that you will connect okay to Jive app when not connected to the wifi and then fail when you are connected to the wifi.

Maybe there is something on the work network to block a certain port or url connection.

Is your Jive app connecting to work Jive community?

If so, can you search in that community for answers and failing that raise a concern there.

I found this about Horizon VMware Horizon Suite for PC, Laptop and Desktop Management | VMware Australia

It is being replaced by the enterprise edition. Are you already on that edition?

Best of luck.

If you do get it resolved it would be good if you can share that information here.