1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 3:01 PM by hymavathi

How to post blogpost modification updates to Activity , connection and inbox streams

hymavathi

Hi ,

we have a requirement to send emails to all the followers of a blogpost when Minor edit (Which has been removed in Jive 7) is not checked in. We wrote a plugin that sends emails to all the followers. But how can I add an entry for that modification of blogpost in Activity, connection stream and Inbox.?

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Ryan Rutan

• Re: How to post blogpost modification updates to Activity , connection and inbox streams
          hymavathi

How can we add blogpost Body/Title modifications to show as a recent activity in user activity and connection streams. Currently jive is not recognizing this event. I have created a listener that will send mails to all the followers of blogpost if minor edit not checked in in handling modified event code.

but that activity is not showing up in activity stream. I tried adding that activity using below snipppet.

jco = blogManager.getBlogPost(caed.getID());

activityManager.addActivity(jco, activityType, e.getActorID(), e.getActivityGroupParent(),new ContentObjectActivityInfo.Builder()

.setAuthors(authors)

.setExtraContexts(extraContexts)

.setSupportsNotifications(e.supportsEmailNotifications())

.build());

But ActivitStreamAction class is not fetching this as part of the recent activity. Could some one please let me know how I can achieve this?