2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 9:37 PM by shipra

How search functionality works in webservices?

mamathak

Hi,

We are hitting a below web service and we have 2 projects with the name "...neelesh...", but it is showing us 7 results which include projects with "...neel..."

https:/localhost:xyxy(server name)/api/core/v3/places?filter=search(*neele*)&filter=type(project)&count=100&startIndex=0

and if we hit the below url, we are getting the correct results that is 2 projects with the name "...neelesh...".

https:/localhost:xyxy(server name)/api/core/v3/places?filter=search(*neelesh*)&filter=type(project)&count=100&startIndex=0

Please let us know how the search filter will work in web service calls.

Thanks!

Mamatha

• Re: How search functionality works in webservices?
          samarth.shekhar02

Hi mamatha,

First of all i would ask you to check the search from UI with both this search Criteria i.e *neele* and *neelesh* and check what is the result you are getting and if it is the same.

If the result varies i would suspect the issue may be with authentication.

When you are hitting the rest Service you must have authorized the service with admin account so you would be getting all the result which you may not be seeing using normal account.

So you need to pass the current user in header property  X-Jive-Run-As  before fetching the result.

Hope this helps.

Let me know in case of you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,

Samarth Shekhar

• Re: How search functionality works in webservices?
              shipra

Thanks Samarth Like you mentioned we checked the search results form the site UI and could figured out why for neeles/neel/neelesh we are getting search results.

Jive search service  searches for the keywords in the filter specified like in our case projects with the project name,creator,description and other informations.

So earlier what we just assumed it to match the project name but that's not the case.

Thanks for following us in community and providing solutions