1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 12:48 PM by mbrybag

Community store phrase substitution

mbrybag

Hi All,

We recently set up our community store where users can use their points earned from gamification missions to "purchase" items from the store. When a user doesnt have enough points to purchase an item, the item is disabled in the store and a message is displayed that they need x amount of points more to purchase the item. the problem is instead of it saying "points to purchase", it says "{topic} to purchase":

topic.PNG

This is related to our theme, as I removed our custom theme and "points to purchase" is correctly displayed. So right now I am trying to pinpoint what in our theme could be causing this behavior. I have tried the following phrase substitutions:

VALUE Equals "{topic} to purchase" replace with "points to purchase"

KEY Equals "{topic} to purchase" replace with "points to purchase"

VALUE Equals "{topic}" replace with "points"

KEY Equals "{topic}" replace with "points"

I have also tried manually adding substitution blocks to the theme.xml file directly but nothing works. If anyone has any suggestions where i could look next I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Mike

• Re: Community store phrase substitution
          mbrybag

An engineer that worked on our Jive implementation was able to solve this.

The custom theme is using a regular expression to replace all instances of the word 'category' with 'topic'. The Bunchball i18n properties also used the word 'category' as a placeholder variable for 'points'. We just needed to replace that variable with a hard-coded instance of the word 'points' instead. We just added the following phrase substitution in the theme.xml file:

<resource-bundle-rule>

<search-target>KEY</search-target>

<operator>EQUALS</operator>

<pattern>nitro.store.pointsNotAvailableText</pattern>

<replace-value>You need &apos;{&apos;points&apos;}&apos; more points to purchase.</replace-value>

</resource-bundle-rule>