4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 7:14 AM by mike.cumings

Jive for Android 3.3.0

Jive, designed for Android. Welcome to your workstyle.

Highlights:

- News feature where you can have targeted and curated content delivered directly to you and your users in an engaging format

- Bug fixes

• Re: Jive for Android 3.3.0
          byron

Hi Mike. Unpacking this version using the script that works wonderfully in 3.2.1, doesn't give the same results with this version of the Android app. I get the res and manifest xml files but nothing else (so in particular no apktool.yml file), and so continuing the process is doomed to fail.
          I've tried (and failed) to use the latest apktool also. Is there an additional configuration step that I need to perform in order to modify and re-sign this new app?
          Kindest regards

Byron

Hi Byron -

Have you updated your scripts using the latest attached to Script for re-packing/re-signing the Jive Android app binary?  The signapk.bash script attached does not require the use of unpackapk.bash for its operation and might get you to your goal more directly.

The above being said it doesn't look like we've published an updated unpackapk.bash script on that page.  I've attached a copy of this script and verified that it successfully unpacks the published APK on my local machine.  If the signapk.bash script doesn't work for you go ahead and give this a shot.

byron

Hi Mike

I haven't got to resigning as yet as the unpacking is what caused the errors. I do have the latest files ready for doing so though.
                  The issue is the unpacking which (i believe) is necessary in order to re-brand the app for our internal needs. If this is not the case for this build then i'd be interested in finding out how we go about modifying the app for branding purposes.

Following the guides from here: How To: Configure the Jive Android App For Enterprise Distribution gives me errors (using the attached files - and trying others).
                  I get the following error (for RC2,RC3 and RC4):

I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-RC4 on jive-for-android-enterprise-564.apk

I: Loading resource table...

I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...

I: Loading resource table from file: /Users/imsresearch/Library/apktool/framework/1.apk

I: Regular manifest package...

I: Decoding file-resources...

W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=touchscreenBlocksFocus, value=0xffffffff

I: Decoding values */* XMLs...

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x0101048f

at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:59)

at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:57)

at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:53)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResAttrDecoder.decode(ResAttrDecoder.java:36)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.AXmlResourceParser.getAttributeValue(AXmlResourceParser.java:369)

at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.XmlPullParserDelegate.getAttributeValue(XmlPullParserDelegate.java:69)

at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.writeStartTag(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:267)

at org.xmlpull.v1.wrapper.classic.StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.event(StaticXmlSerializerWrapper.java:211)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder$1.event(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:83)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.XmlPullStreamDecoder.decode(XmlPullStreamDecoder.java:141)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResStreamDecoderContainer.decode(ResStreamDecoderContainer.java:33)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:114)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:99)

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:339)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:133)

at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:104)

at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:165)

at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)

and it doesn't give me access to the folders/files needed to re-sign the app.

Opening the file manually doesn't give me access to the strings.xml (for modification) or other files needed to re-sign the app (post modification).

I'm looking to unpack the file so that it shows me the apktool.yml, assets,build,classes.dex,original,res and unknown folders/files - so that I can make the necessary adjustments and then re-sign using the methods shown in your walkthroughs. I have no doubt that the re-signing process will be a smooth and easy process.. it's the unpacking that i'm struggling with.

kindest regards

Byron