3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 10:47 AM by gscottoliver

Anyone else have people marking as Success instead of Correct?

tmaurer

I've noticed several times that when I suggest to people that they mark a response as correct if it has answered their question, their reaction is to instead mark as Success. I suspect this is because they are responding from their Inbox, where Mark as Correct doesn't show up. In order to mark as correct, you need to do it from Outlook or the actual piece of content.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And I wonder why the Actions menu isn't the same in the stream as it is in Outlook....

• Re: Anyone else have people marking as Success instead of Correct?
          leeannbird

We just upgraded -- thanks for the heads up -- we'll watch for it and report back anything interesting.

Dennis Pearce

We upgraded to the cloud last month and decided to turn that one off, so it's not even an option. It was the one marker that we couldn't come up with a consistent definition for so we never got a handle on how to explain it to users.  And the fact that you can filter all content on it across the whole platform means it can be confusing for different groups who use it in different ways.

Maybe at some point we'll revisit that decision but for now it's off.

gscottoliver

My company is (apparently) using Jive 7.0, and I just heard from someone else something that I also noticed: it isn't really obvious that the "Correct Answer" button is an action button, especially if there is only one reply in answer to the question. If there are several replies, then the question owner can see that button on all the replies; if there is only one, though, it appears to say "This is the correct answer!" rather than "Mark this answer as correct." Since it does not appear to be an action button, the user goes to the action menu, where the closest thing to "correct" is "success".

Perhaps rather than simply "Correct Answer", the button should read "Mark as Correct"?