4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 12:05 AM by andre.barbosa

App Actions Filtered by editors of a content

anuragc-jive

Hello Jive Developers,

Following the examples in App Action Contribution Reference I'm trying to create a conditional content app action visible only to the editors of a content. After going through the possible filter options, I haven't been able to find a way to do so. Has anyone tried doing this or know how it can be done?

Thanks in advance!

cc Melody Liu anupgandhi

• Re: App Actions Filtered by editors of a content
          pawans

Unfortunately there is no way to put a filter to show app action only to a content's owners or group's owners.

I had one way in my apps (which I wanted to display only to group admins).

I displayed the app link to everyone.

But when a non admin tries to open an app, I had this logic which could detect if current user is owner of the group.

If no, I would show a message that app cannot be accessed and also display list of group admins who have permissions for the app.

There is a new config in cloud where you can display app to a specific security group. But when it comes to group admins or content owners, there is no filter for that.

• Re: App Actions Filtered by editors of a content
            andre.barbosa

Hi Anurag,

You can check if the User is the main Author of the Content with the following App Action path filter:

path="jive/actions/content/document?filter=equals(user.ID,context.userID)"

However, this does not cover all users which have permissions to change the content. Thanks.