5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 8:15 AM by triplettt

Who manages Gamification at your organization, the Jive Administrator or the Community Managers?

mack_torres

Unfortunately there is no separation of roles in the Gamification console it is all or nothing access. I know that within many smaller organizations this is sometimes the same person as in one of my previous jobs, but who creates the missions, awards badges manually and generates the reports? I definitely think that the Community managers should drive the strategy but who manages the day to day?

• Re: Who manages Gamification at your organization, the Jive Administrator or the Community Managers?
          christina.keimig

I do, actually. I am a community manager (well, our equivalent), and am lead over all things gamification, pretty much. The all-or-nothing aspect is a cause for concern as far as letting others into the console, as things tend to happen that ought not to if too many cooks are in the kitchen, as it were. We do much of the admin stuff in our role as well, but we have a Sr. Solutions Architect over the technical side of things for when it is beyond our knowledge-level to fix things. It's not ideal, but until we can further compartmentalize functionality and even the rolling-out of missions, it's what we've chosen to do.

• Re: Who manages Gamification at your organization, the Jive Administrator or the Community Managers?
            leo_lajs@huntsman.com

We got both Jive Admin and Community Manager and we also share all-or-nothing, we find it OK as we trust each others capability. But I am very hesitant to let anyone else in.

katiebroberts

In our community, the strategy is driven by the Social Media Strategies team.

We have system admins that also serve as the enterprise community manager (me), and that role is responsible for keeping the community pulse healthy. They also manage architecture, content strategy, gamification strategy, reporting (works with performance teams and business intelligence to map social data to pipeline) and training. This role is also responsible for developing graphics, keeping the community fresh looking, coding, managing add-ons or customizations. Finally, this role manages all technical issues with jive, upgrades/updates, and works iwth internal teams to communicate any emergencies or outages. Oh, n idea thatand this role is responsible for the marketing/communications strategy (and to some degree the execution, too) to promote the community.

While the gamification strategy is driven by this role, as well as the badges, all community managers are empowered to come up wtih new ideas and float them among the greater community management team. The sys admin/ECM makes the final call, and often empowers the community managers to go ahead and move forward with an idea that they have.

tiffaniallen

Within my organization, my role is ECM but I am also the admin, moderator, strategist, product manager and recently gamification SME. Ideally, I would like to train and assign trusted ambassadors who can manage the tool and strategy within their respective departments. Today, I manage the strategy, deployment and governance of the tool from the missions to the levels and points scale. For example, I wouldn't want one team awarding 100 points for liking a document vs another team giving 10 points for someone who authored a training or knowledge base document that complements the onboarding process. In addition, prior to introducing new department-specific gamification experiences, I conduct an informational meeting with the team to learn if it is the right tool for them based on their objectives and long-term goals. Because "gamification" is still a buzzword, I want to set expectations and be clear about the development, deployment and communication process so that end users understand how to play and earn and stakeholders understand what is and is not measurable. For example, watching training videos is very popular within our org and is the first mission teams want to create. However, without native videos as part of the experience, I have to propose alternate ways to accomplish this mission. Finally, I provide the team with a user-friendly template where they must capture their mission, business objective (again, to help qualify it), trigger and more. This also helps with the vetting process. I upload their missions into our QA environment and invite them to test and confirm if this is the desired experience. Finally, I put the missions in PROD and they (the team) are responsible for building the user-facing page or dashboard of team challenges, leaders and applicable missions up for grabs (with my help and direction). Since the mission widget doesn't allow you to really expound on how to earn the badge if it's particularly complicated or if it's a badge that requires a prerequisite badge(s) or level, I advise teams to create a How to Earn Me widget with more details, if applicable.

triplettt

Our ECM team drives the strategy and use cases, but our admin manages all of the settings in the console.