2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2015 7:29 PM by yingjieg

How to add dropdown list to widget properties, my Jive version is 7.x?

yingjieg

Hi all

Do you know how to add dropdown list to widget properties ? follow the guide, I can only add textinput and true/false radio.

My jive version is 7.0.3

BR

Yingjie

• Re: How to add dropdown list to widget properties, my Jive version is 7.x?
          mcollinge

In Jive 6.0 it's not possible without customising the underlying code. If you don't mind doing that you'll need to alter this file;

\template\global\widget-props.ftl

Then add a section like this;

<#elseif propName == 'e14RecentBlogPostsOption' && !remote>
              <#assign recentBlogPostsWidget = statics['com.jivesoftware.community.widget.impl.RecentBlogPostsWidget'] />
              <select name="e14RecentBlogPostsOption">
                  <option value="${recentBlogPostsWidget.TITLE_VIEW}"<#if (propValue == recentBlogPostsWidget.TITLE_VIEW)>
                          selected="selected"</#if>><@s.text name="widget.viewblog.option.title" /></option>
                  <option value="${recentBlogPostsWidget.EXCERPT_VIEW}"<#if (propValue == recentBlogPostsWidget.EXCERPT_VIEW)>
                          selected="selected"</#if>><@s.text name="widget.viewblog.option.excerpt" /></option>
                  <option value="${recentBlogPostsWidget.FULL_VIEW}"<#if (propValue == recentBlogPostsWidget.FULL_VIEW)>
                          selected="selected"</#if>><@s.text name="widget.viewblog.option.full" /></option>
              </select>