1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2015 12:38 PM by england_k

How are you managing diversity and inclusion groups on your Jive?

jessekane

At my company, we have a very active set of company-sponsored Employee Resources Groups organized around shared backgrounds like PRIDE (our GLBT group), PWIR (Our women's group) and BOLD (black employees) etc.  Are you having to treat your ERGS differently than other communities based on their unique missions.  Some of the work of our ERG's blurs the line between business and personal activism and it's giving our lawyers headaches

This is the specific case below but it could be any of our ERGs in reality.

1. Our PRIDE group wants to share opportunities with it's own members to support marriage equality on their personal time.
      2. Our lawyers are saying that violates our non-solicitation policy (asking others to sign up / contribute to something non-work related).

My position is that Jive is not the cause of this issue. It's our company policy and Jive is just one of many ways this issue is surfacing.  But I said I would put this question out here to see if anyone else has had a similar situation and how it was handled.

• Re: How are you managing diversity and inclusion groups on your Jive?
          england_k

We have a no Religon and no politics rule, so where any topic blurs into

Political activism we send folk a polite reminder and the conversations are

drawn to a close.

The challenge here is if you want to continue the conversation in your

community, if you do I would recommend it was in a private or secret group

where members can request to join but it isn't showing up on the homepage

all the time, we've done this for some other social groups, mainly because

of the volume of traffic (music, movies). Not sure it is an answer but it

is how we'd handle it.

On 6 April 2015 at 20:30, Jesse Kane <communities-no-reply@jivesoftware.com>