7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 9:23 AM by Ted Hopton

Jive Data Export Service - List most followed people?

ernichols

I'm still very new to using the Jive Data Export Service API Explorer, so I was wondering if anyone out there could instruct me on how best to do the following. Our community would like a list of the top most followed people. How would you go about getting this list? I thought it'd be something in the Community Manager Reports, but it is not, so I figured I should try this next.

Thank you!

• Re: Jive Data Export Service - List most followed people?
          Caton Guilbault

Hi Erin,

I'm more familiar with querying directly to a local copy of the database but I think you are looking for the ACTIVITY_FOLLOW_USER action in the DES.

When I do a quick test filtering on that action it returns the Actor (person that followed someone) and Action Object (person that was followed). A quick pivot counting by Action Object for whatever time frame your interested in should get the list you are looking for.

Names redacted to protect the innocent. =)

I'm sure you could code this into a curl command but that not my area of expertise. If you have database access just let me know and I'll post the SQL I use for this.

Hope that helps.