When posting content via email, a person uses one of a number of email addresses that are specifically designed for posting a particular kind of content in a particular place (such as a space or social group).
Here's how it works:
1. Using a browser, a person goes to the place (such as a space, social group, their profile, and so on) to which they might want to post content.
2. The person clicks the Create by email link to display a list of the content types in that place that they can post via email.
3. After selecting check boxes for the content types they want, the person downloads vCards representing each of the content types (they can also email the vCards to themselves).
4. In their email application, the person uses the vCards to add the email addresses to their email address book, where they're available when they want to post via email.
5. To post content, the person creates an email with the content they want to post, then sends the email to the address they downloaded as a vCard.
Content types supported by this feature include the following (depending on what your license allows):
Configure your Jive Community experience by selecting a track. We'll use this track on the homepage to show you relevant content and help you find resources quickly. You can change your track easily from the homepage or your profile.
As a community manager, you're an ambassador for your Jive community as you build places, curate content and engage with fellow community members. To help you go further with your site, we'll share success stories and other resources.
Whether considering a new purchase or working on an upgrade, technology managers need insight on the best ways to implement a community and learn more about the various upgrades in software releases.
An effective community starts with sound business strategy. As your community matures, you'll want to learn and share best practices for implementation and continued success.
Whether you're a developer, system administrator or a designer, you need insight on building a great user experience for your Jive community. Get the scoop on theming, API's, upgrades and more.
We've got a special area for partners to get essential information and best practices they need for describing and selling Jive to potential customers.
Whether or not you have a specific role in your Jive community, this track highlights areas of interest to Jive users such as training materials, community best practices and an opportunity to network with other customers.