0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 3:04 PM by mbrybag

Jive 7 - Trouble importing classes for custom plug-in to customize the User Profile(Satellite) menu

mbrybag

Hi All,

I am building a plugin that customizes the user profile menu by adding links, changing link order etc. (Following this very helpful post: How to: Add a Tab to a Place)

I am running a local isntance of Jive 7 and using Maven 3.2.1 to build my project. When issuing mvn clean package to compile my code I get the following errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.

3.2:compile (default-compile) on project satelliteMenuUpdate: Compilation failur

e: Compilation failure:

[ERROR] \Users\mbrybag\Documents\Projects\Jive\JiveLocalProjects\kippsharelocal\

satelliteMenuUpdate\src\main\java\com\jivesoftware\kippfoundation\kippsharelocal

\MySatelliteLink.java:[3,40] error: cannot find symbol

[ERROR] \Users\mbrybag\Documents\Projects\Jive\JiveLocalProjects\kippsharelocal\

satelliteMenuUpdate\src\main\java\com\jivesoftware\kippfoundation\kippsharelocal

\MySatelliteLink.java:[7,37] error: cannot find symbol

\MySatelliteLink.java:[9,8] error: method does not override or implement a metho

d from a supertype

The error is in my MySatelliteLinkk.java file. it seems I cannot import the following libraries:

ImportErrors.PNG

It confuses me that the other import statements work but not com.jivesoftware.community.navbar.rest, which is the namespace that has all the SatelliteMenu classes I need. So I'm wondering if these classes were deprecated in Jive 7? I'm not sure what else the problem could be. I'm very new to Jive development so it could be many Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike