3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 1:13 PM by alan.wu

App Tiles - clearing the cache?

butch

Attempting to clear the view.html/config.html tile cache - so far the only way I've found is to actually restart the Jive webapp.

Originally I looked under /admin/settings-cache!input.jspa and flushed everything - this does not seem to flush the cache though.

E.g.

Screenshot from 2015-04-20 11:56:00.png

It looks like Jive stores a copy of the information in /usr/local/jive/var/work/sbs/httpResponses.data - but clearing/deleting this file does not seem to affect what is served.

The actual request seems to be going to /gadgets/ifr?url= which has a &nocache=0 parameter on the end.   Setting this parameter to &nocache=1 yields the updated content when opening the link in a new window, however, it does not seem to "load" the fresh copy into the cache that's served by the page.

Again - I'm probably missing something very, very obvious in the docs...

Pinging Ryan Rutan to see if he has any insight.

• Re: App Tiles - clearing the cache?
          Ryan Rutan

A few things...you might want to try ... to get your system in a better non-caching state (note, there will still be some caching, but these properties tend to help it not be as bad).  They also slow the instance down a bit, as you might suspect, but nothing too crazy.

• jive.apps.cache-control.default = false
          • jive.apps.cache-control.enabled = true
          • jive.devMode = true

I think I saw you reference one of these in a previous conversation...but set these in the Admin System Properties interface ... and then restart ... and see if that helps?