5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 8:21 AM by karenp

How to change the logo for frequently accessed sites on Safari

karenp

Hi

I noticed that on my iPhone the frequently accessed sites or favourited sites for my community shows a Jive logo.  I'd like to change this to our own site logo but I can seem to find any advice on exactly how to do this.  I found a few threads of developers asking about this but no one saying the advice given actually worked.  Perhaps I am searching for the wrong thing.

To help prevent some trial and error work I just wondered if anyone here has changed this and can let me know what they changed please?

Thanks in advance!

Karen

• Re: How to change the logo for frequently accessed sites on Safari
          Kara Francis

We are on Jive-X cloud and the Favicon feature via the theming tool is what has given us our logo via Internet Explorer.  I'm wondering if that is also what gives us our logo on the iphone.  I didn't do anything special to give us the logo on the iphone, so this is my guess.  But I am guessing you have a flavicon already.

1 person found this helpful
              karenp

Thanks Kara for your reply.  Yes we do have a flavicon icon setup already.  Just to be clear where I mean it's the default homepage for Safari (below).  I've seen some discussions about adding in a link tag to a logo so I will see if I can play around with this if needed.  Our development site is out at the moment so I am just going to have to be patient I think.  Not always one of my strengths!

frequently visited.PNG

Kara Francis

Yes, that is the view I am referring to as well.  (screenshots below). 

I just added it to my ipad, and was able to get the logo to appear.  But what is odd is that on my iphone I see a Google logo, but on my ipad I see the compass for my Google favorite.  So there seems to be something device-related that also might be affecting what we see.  Same with the Jive community.  On my iphone I see the J, but on my ipad I see the compass.

And I just edited my Favorite and now on my iphone I see my icon under frequently visited, but it is still the compass under Favorites.  Yet earlier I had the icon under favorites. 

The only place I have this particular "P" logo icon is in our favicon within the theming tool.  So I don't know how else it would find that image, since I didn't do any special development.  But it sounds like having a link to an image might make this more reliable?  But then why do I not see the Google or Jive icon reliably?  I would assume that they know how to do this. 

I'm not sure if my various tests and outcomes are providing any insights.

My iPhone

My iPad

Kara Francis

Well, while trying to determine if the Favicon has anything to do with this, I lost the icon.  I removed our favicon, which removed the icon from my iphone's bookmark page.  Then I re-added our logo and I can't get the icon to reappear.  I see the J for the Jive Community, but I see a compass for our company's community.  (I see a similar compass with different backgrounds for other sites)