7 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 10:41 AM by john.decker

Email hidden

kalaoke

Hi,

In jive 8 version hosted, i set user.default.displayEmailAdress = true.  However in admin console, for all user (external or internal),   email visibility is still everyone.

May i miss something?

• Re: Email hidden

Hi Luc,

What are you looking to do by setting that property? Once I understand what the end-goal is, I will be able to provide guidance on a solution or possible work-around.

kalaoke

Hi,

We are an online institute market.  We organise onlines discussions between 150 participants for many clients . During 15 days, users exchange by posting or voting. The moderators follow the exchanges, and identify the opinions which are structuring the discussions. Based on these opinions, they construct quantitative items, by asking the community whether or not they agree. The participants vote, and the analysis brings to light the consensual and divisive views, and differences and similarities between the targets…

Today we use Debate®, an online platform which was conceived and developed entirely by HCK, but we hope to do all of our studies in the future with Jive.

For confidential reason, users in our jive community do not see the mails of other participants.

Hi Luc,

Thanks for the information, it sounds as like you would like the emails to be hidden so you will want to set, set user.default.displayEmailAddress = false

One thing to note is that the system administrator will always be able to view this information, so these settings will not apply when viewing the site as an admin.

Hope this helps.

kalaoke

Hi,

Sorry for the typo error.  I made a mistake only in the post. In system properties i really set  user.default.displayEmailAddress  =  false.

When i signin with an external user, all emails of others participants inside the group are still visible. Moreover, in console admin, for all externals users, email visibility is still everyone (Our participants invited in jive are externals).

Is this property works for jive8 hosted? In Documentation - Jive Software i found only the jive 8  premise documentation. Is this Core Help works for the hosted version ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Luc,

That property will only be the default for new users created. Existing users can can change the email visibility themselves or if you need to update all users in the system, you can do so in the database:

nm.png

You can see more around this document in this Knowledge Base article here:

Name and Email Visibility

Hope this helps.

kalaoke

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.

I follow this knowledge Base Article Name and Email Visibility, in the admin console in profile settings  i change the email visibility to "private to the user". Now his email is hidden.

In jive 8 version hosted, how i can update olders users with this sql command?

nm.png

Thanks for your help.

Hi Luc,

Apologies but I misspoke above, the only supported method for updating existing customers is for the users to individually update their preference themselves. Since Jive Support does not run custom queries against your database, support will not be able to run that command to change visibility for existing users.

I have also reached out to our Knowledge Base Manager and ask for the document be updated to note that we are unable to run these command for Hosted Environment.

Sorry for the inconvenience.