3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 6:35 AM by jesse.fuller

Comments below my poll

danielb

Hi,

I have created a small poll with a third party software and placed it in one of the spaces but I want people to be able to make comments below the poll. I am not sure of any widget that would allow users to make comments below the poll, do you guys have any idea how can I complete this task?

Thank you

Daniel

• Re: Comments below my poll

Hi Daniel,

Depending on the version of Jive you instance is running you should have the option to create polls through the create menu in your Jive instance, which include the option to add comments. For more information on native poll options in Jive please refer to the How Do I Create a Poll? section of the Jive User Documentation.

Additionally, if you are interested in developing custom poll content types I would recommend reaching out to the Jive Developers space here in the Jive Community, where you can collaborate with other developers on potential customization options.

Thanks!

danielb

Hi Jesse Fuller,

We have some requirements for the poll we want to use and I have already created the poll we want with a third party software, also I was able to use an html widget and works great. With this third party software I can add more options as I need. All I was asking is for some kind of widget that would allow me to add comments below my poll. Do you know of any widget or something that would allow users to add comments below my poll? I attached an image of the link and below that link I want the users to be able to add comments.

Capture.PNG

Thank you

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

From your description of the poll widget you are using, it appears there is not a comment feature available for that integration. As such this custom poll type would not be associated with content in Jive so you will most likely need to develop additional customizations for your instance which would allow you to add comments to the custom poll widget you are using.

If you are interested in further creating customizations for your instance I would suggest reaching out to the Jive Developers space here in the Jive Community.

Additionally, if you would like assistance from Jive developing customizations please submit a case in your secret support group here in the Jive Community and the next available support engineer can assist in setting up an engagement with our Professional Services team.

Thanks!