5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 7:03 AM by jesse.fuller

users deleting replies to posts

chrislyon

I am looking for a setting to keep users from A) deleting their own posts or, at least b) deleting replies to their own posts when deleting. Where would I find this setting?

Also, I'm assuming that if a user has, in face, succeeded in deleting their own post and all replies to it, there is no way to recover the deleted posts. But let me know if that is not the case.

Thanks!

Christopher Lyon

• Re: users deleting replies to posts

Hi Christopher,

In reviewing through your initial inquiry:

I am looking for a setting to keep users from A) deleting their own posts or, at least b) deleting replies to their own posts when deleting. Where would I find this setting?

I would like to collect some additional information in order to provide a more accurate answer.

1. Which version of Jive are you running?

2. What content types are you wanting this behavior for?

3. Are you wanting users do have the ability to create content, but not edit the content?

Also, I'm assuming that if a user has, in face, succeeded in deleting their own post and all replies to it, there is no way to recover the deleted posts. But let me know if that is not the case.

I can confirm that once content is deleted, it's gone.

Thanks!

chrislyon

We are on Jive 5, and I'm talking about Discussions posts. We definitely want users to be able edit their posts, but we don't need them to be able to delete their posts. And we definitely do not want them to be able to delete other users' replies to their posts.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the additional information. While this is not available in the out of the box product (as edit rights also allow a user to delete their content), if you are interested in this type of feature there are a few options available.

1. If you would like to see this as an available option in a future release I would encourage you to create an idea in the Ideas for Jive space where our Product Managers review top rated ideas for possible inclusions into future releases.

2. If you are interested in customizing you instance to provide more granular permissions our Professional Service's team can assist in determining the scope of the project and work with you to develop a custom feature which meets your use case. If you are interested in this option, please file a case in your secret customer group here on the Jive Community and the next available support engineer can get an engagement set up.

Thanks!