3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 9:12 PM by jeph.yang

Issue with Tasks counter

brajkishor

Hi all,

I am trying to set-up a demo instance for Jive 8. While doing validation, I found that there is an issue with the tasks counter in the Actions menu. While creating the task the counter on top besides task increases. It looks something like Tasks(1). However when I check the task as finished, this counter doesnot decrements. So consider that I created 3 tasks, the counter shows 3. But when I mark the tasks finished, it still shows 3. However when I go ahead and uncheck this tasks moving them to incomplete state the counter increase. So it goes increamenting from 3 to 4,5 and so on.

When I reload the page the counter itself disappear. Is this normal or is it some kind of bug? Please let me know if a bug and what can be the solution.

• Re: Issue with Tasks counter

Hi Braj,

In doing a simple test this against Jive 8.0.0.0 and native tasks, I'm not seeing the counter go up when I mark the task as incomplete (uncheck).

tasks.gif

Since this will likely require more targeted troubleshooting, I would recommend submitting a support case in your Jive Customer Group to receive additional attention and investigation into this.  If you're not familiar with how to file a support case, please reach out to your community manager for assistance.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

brajkishor
              Hi Jeph,
              Thanks for your response. The issue which I was facing is not with Overdue tasks. This issue is happening for those tasks only which are not Overdue. For Overdue tasks, the counter increments and decrements correctly.
              Regards,Braj

Hi Braj,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't believe the counter should be incrementing for current (not overdue) tasks.  As mentioned, this will likely require targeted troubleshooting, so please submit a support case along with a screenshot of what you're seeing and a team member will investigate this for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Jeph Yang