Yes, viewing content in your Outlook will count as a view. In regards to viewing content in your activity stream, it does not count as a view unless you select Show More.
Below is a snip from this document Jive and Page Views that breaks how CMR views are counted.
How are CMR views counted?
Unlike page loads, which try to capture all Jive application load activity, CMR Views focus solely on the load of content:
- Blog posts
- Status updates
- Group overview page
- Space overview pages
- Project overview pages
CMR views are incremented based on the following content load events:
- A load of the content detail page (one PV)
- A view-more link in a stream that loads that content (one API call)
- An inbox view of that content (one API call)
- A call from Jive Anywhere to load the content (one API call)
- A call from Outlook connector to view the content in "JView" (one API call)
- A call from the native iOS app to load the content (one API call)
- A V3 API call that loads that content (one API call)