3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 2:41 PM by john.decker

Mediawiki OpenSearch Inline results

francois.barrette

Hi,

Does it possible to activate the OpenSearch results inline for a Mediawiki application ?

Thanks

• Re: Mediawiki OpenSearch Inline results

Hi Francois,

I'm not familiar on how Mediawiki operates but you can make some external search engines available to people using Jive.

In your Jive Admin Console > System > Settings > OpenSearch Engines and enter the Descriptor URL. This will allow you to search within your instance of Jive. To see the official documentation on configuring OpenSearch in Jive OpenSearch

Hope this helps.

francois.barrette

Hi John,

I am already familiar with OpenSearch and the Jive Integration. Mediawiki is an open source wiki application. The same product used by Wikipedia. OpenSearch is already include in this application.

Now, my question is : how can I integrate the Mediawiki result in the Jive result page. There are an option named "Result inline" in Jive. How can I enable it ?

Thanks !

Hi Francois,

I'm not sure I completely understand. If you add the Mediawiki descriptor URL within Jive, you will be able to see both your Jive search as well as Mediawki search, similar to what I have done below with my Jive instance and the Jive Community:

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 2.34.09 PM.png

If you are looking to combine the the communities search results into one, unfortunately that is not a built in feature.

Hope this helps.