1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2015 9:00 PM by jeph.yang

Embedding a the "Share" link in outlook?

stefanton

Someone recently asked me if there was a way to take the "Share" button for any give piece of content, and put that into an email (i.e., outlook).

For example, if our CEO makes an announcement using a document, we could then send an email to someone with a link at the bottom to "share" it, which would open up a SBL window with the share popup.

Does anyone know how to do this?  I don't know if it's as simple as being able to get a particular URL and swap out document or thread numbers to correspond with the item we're trying to share.

• Re: Embedding a the "Share" link in outlook?

Hi Stefan,

I understand you're looking for a programmatic way to share content via email linking directly to Jive content.  Unfortunately, this is currently not available out of the box and without some customization.  However, please also be aware that Jive has a share functionality built in.  You should be able to share content directly in Jive by using the "Share" button.  If the recipient is an unregistered email address (e.g. you input "myemailaddress@mydomain.com" and this isn't already registered to a user in your Jive community), then an email will be sent to that user with a PDF version of the content you're sharing.

For example, I will share this very post:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.57.30 PM.png

And in my email, I get:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.57.56 PM.png

Not visible in the screenshot above is the PDF attachment towards the bottom:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.59.42 PM.png

So this should fulfill your requirements, for the most part.  Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang