6 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 11:57 AM by Billy Volpone

RSS feed for Employee comments

srivers

We would like to setup a widget rss feed of all comments in a specific section of our public community made by employees (permission's group). If that is not possible, can I tag the users some way to get a feed of our authoritative responses?

Gaming communities do this often with developer feeds.

• Re: RSS feed for Employee comments
          Libby Taylor

You might want to pose this question as well in the Developer group. This sounds a little tricky...

Billy Volpone

Hi Sean, was hoping you could clarify a bit as well. I'm assuming when you say permissions group, you're referring to a 'private' or 'secret' area of the community, correct? And when you say 'comments', are you referring to status updates, comments on a single document/discussion, or comments on literally any piece of content within that group? Also, what about the main content itself, outside of the comments... should that stream into the RSS as well?

This info will help us guide you to what a good best practice might be.

srivers

We have our employees in a permission group as a way to segment them. They

also have a role badge.

I would like users in a space to be able to see a feed of our authoritative

answers to discussions. I would even be OK listing the employees to follow

their comments.

On May 14, 2015 4:04 PM, "Billy Volpone" <

Billy Volpone

Thanks Sean... I really like the idea of featuring the employees (or any good resource for that matter) on the landing pages to encourage "following". That will allow for them to automatically feed into that users stream without the need of RSS feeds. As you know, when you're following someone, you mainly see their activity and not the entire thread... so you only need to pay attention to a specific document when THAT specific person chimes in with their useful feedback or answer.

Actually, this makes me think of our new "News" feature. Can't remember if you're on cloud, but that functionality would allow you to auto-follow many of your users to an "expert" or "employee" feed without even having to ask them to follow manually. That could be a great and more dynamic solution.