5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 2:28 PM by jeph.yang

Creating Html page in Jive

praveenvec

Is there a way to create a Custom HTML page within Jive. I do not want to use the overview page as i would need to create a space or a group for that. The scenario is as i need to create a contact us page for my organisation. where do i have option to create a page and link it with the top navigation for my users.

I cannot use the pages given by jive default because it can add only tiles which does not have the ability to add a HTML editor.

• Re: Creating Html page in Jive

Hi Praveen,

For security and performance reasons, only HTML widgets will support this, and as you've mentioned you must first create a place (space or social group) to house this.  I'm not sure which version of Jive you're using, but for your reference, please see the documentation below for the the latest on HTML widgets for Jive Cloud:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/cloud_int/comm_mgr/jive.help.core/#user/UnderstandingHTMLandFormattedTextWidgets.html

If you need anything outside of this, it may require some customization or deployment via an Add-on app, so a good place to post your question would be the Jive Developers space.  Otherwise, if you'd like to look into customization options, I would encourage reaching out to your Jive Account Manager to help look into setting up a dialogue with Jive Professional Services to review the feasibility and requirements for this.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

praveenvec

Thanks Jeph,

I am aware about this functionality to embed a HTML widget or a full text widget on the overview page. However my concern here is to understand what option do i have have to create a separate HTML page apart from the overview page in the community.

On the top level of my community i want to create a page for writing some text ( A description about my organisation and a couple of contacts) where do i have an option to create an additional page. I would not prefer to create a space just to have one overview page where i can put a HTML widget and put the text. Because this will unnecessarily create calendar, Activity and other pages.

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for getting back to me and I can understand your dilemma.  Since this is outside the out of box functionality, I would recommend either posting to the Jive Developers space to see how other communities and developers are implementing this for similar requirements, or look into a potential Jive PS engagement.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

mattdickens

If you are using the Manage files functionality in your environment, you could upload an html page to a space (groups only allow image files OOTB) and link to that on your other pages. 

Hi Matt,

Yes, that might work, keeping in mind that it would become a static file without permission controls as you would expect for that space as noted in the documentation I linked earlier:

Keep in mind that resources you upload this way are posted on the Internet and can be viewed by anyone with access to the network. By design, they don't inherit the authentication requirements of your site or the permissions to the place where you upload them.

SOURCE:  Core Help

Praveen, if you're using an internal community and you're okay with having this contact information available to anyone with access to the URL, then that could be a suitable workaround.

Regards,

Jeph Yang