10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 10:18 AM by srivers

Declining Terms for Ideation

srivers

I have some users that have declined the terms to post Ideas and now want to be able to post. How do I clear it so they are asked again to accept terms. I am on Jive hosted v 6.0.3

• Re: Declining Terms for Ideation
          daniel.marotta

Hi Sean,

I haven't tested this, but what if you deleted their terms user properties via the Admin Console? I think it would prompt them with the terms & conditions screen again.

srivers

I will have him try again. I removed the terms properties, but I suspect that they are the main terms and not the ideation terms.

gordon_sorensen

We may be using Jive Ideation a bit more, so not sure how obvious my question might be. But did you create separate terms for using Ideation, or are there default separate terms? We have used Ideation sparingly, and I wasn’t aware there were separate terms of use. If you created your own, would appreciate any background you can share – why you have separate terms, did your lawyers advise, can you share them, etc.

Thanks!!

srivers

Yes we used separate terms. We use them more as a guideline and terms allows us to make sure they see and agree to them. We launched Ideation later in our evolution so we needed it.

srivers

Thanks for posting! Remember:

1. Check for Duplicates

2. Be Respectful

3. Be on Topic

4. Use the "Help" Buttons for Help

We'll wear the referee hat if we have to, but we'll keep it on the table where it belongs if you follow these rules. Lookin' forward to hearing what you have to say!

- RW Product Team

To check out the T's and C's, read on!

If You from time to time provide suggestions, comments and/or other feedback to Republic Wireless with respect to Republic Wireless or the Wireless Services, Republic Wireless may, in connection with any of its products or services, freely use, copy, disclose, license, distribute and/or exploit any such suggestions, comments and/or other feedback in any manner and without any obligation or restriction based on intellectual property rights or otherwise. Republic Wireless will retain sole ownership of any such suggestions, comments and/or other feedback and You will not provide any such suggestions, comments and/or other feedback subject to any terms that would impose any obligation on Republic Wireless or any of its customers or partners.

We do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. We do not want to create any misunderstandings or disputes if our products or strategies seem similar to ideas submitted to us. Please do not send your unsolicited ideas to us. If you nonetheless choose to send us your ideas or materials, we make no assurances that we will treat them as confidential or proprietary.

If you provide suggestions, comments and/or other feedback, Republic Wireless may freely use, copy, disclose, license, or distribute any such suggestions, comments and/or other feedback in any manner and without any obligation or restriction based on intellectual property rights or otherwise. Republic Wireless will retain sole ownership of any such suggestions, comments and/or other feedback.  Of course, please be sure to remember the Community Pledge - let's keep it positive, respectful and on topic!

srivers

Removing the terms in the user properties only cleared the overall community terms it did not clear the Ideation terms. It appears that if a user declines terms at any time in Jive Ideation, they can never, ever use it again.