1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 12:45 PM by jeph.yang

Is it possible to create permissions using the Entitlements API?

Hi Team,

It seems that the entitlements API in Jive 8 is a read-only API and doesn't permit the creation of modification of permissions. For us this is a critical gap in the API as we need a way of creating permissions programatically for one of the projects we have under development

Is there any documentation on how to use the API to create permissions again spaces and if that's not possible currently then is this something that you have in the pipeline and are you able to provide an ETA of when it might be available?

Thanks

Sadeer.

• Re: Is it possible to create permissions using the Entitlements API?

Hi Sadeer,

I appreciate you raising this question around permission creation using REST API in Jive 8.  Unfortunately, development related questions fall outside the general scope of Jive Customer Support, so I would first recommend reviewing the entitlements documentation here:

Entitlements API

For this and other development related questions, I would encourage posting to the Jive Developers space for best results and to garner attention from other developers in the community who may have insight into your issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this, otherwise.

Regards,

Jeph Yang