1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 4:12 PM by john.decker

Change Apps in Header

johansene

We would like to change the Apps menu in the header to something more descriptive as we have a different company wide apps system and we want to limit confusion. I cant seem to get Phrase Subs to work on it. Is there any way to change this Menu Item on a Jive Hosted 7.0.3.1 Instance?

• Re: Change Apps in Header

Hi Erik,

To change the name of Apps on the Navigation bar you will need to use the phrase substitution tool in the admin console. The particular key used on the Navigation Bar is  key nav.bar.apps.link

To make the change follow these steps:

1. Navigate in the admin console to System > Settings > Phrase Substitutions
          2. Click on the "Add Rule" button.
          3. Configure it to how I have below.

ps.png

How to: Configure Phrase Substitutions - This document is a helpful doc for more on using the tool.

I have also attached the English version i18n files for Jive 7.0, this is where you can view which key to use.

One thing I would like to point out that this key nav.bar.apps.link is only for the navigation menu. There are other places that the phrase Apps still will appear in your site. In my screenshot, you can see the Apps tab has been renamed however the word App(s) is still used:

nn.png

You will most likely want to update the following as well:

#navbar apps

nav.bar.apps.market.catalog.title=Jive Apps Market

nav.bar.apps.market.manage.title=Manage Apps

nav.bar.apps.market.no.apps=There are currently no apps installed.

nav.bar.apps.market.no.apps.expound=Install some apps by visiting the {0}

Hope this helps.