2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 11:14 AM by mark_baum

Testing system announcements

mark_baum

I've taken over the Jive Community admin responsibilities at my organization, and have been asked to send my first system announcement on Tuesday.

I'd like to test it first but want to be 100% confident that the test isn't customer-facing.

Our UAT instance is refreshed from Prod, so it's got identical users and (I assume) user preference settings.

If I send an announcement in UAT, is there any chance that customers could receive an email about it?

Thanks!

Mark

• Re: Testing system announcements

Hi Mark,

Our UAT instance is refreshed from Prod, so it's got identical users and (I assume) user preference settings.

If I send an announcement in UAT, is there any chance that customers could receive an email about it?

Part of the PROD to UAT refresh process should obfuscate each user's email address. To confirm this you can navigate to your admin console >> people tab and see that @localhost has been added to each user's email. If you are seeing this your UAT instance should not send out emails to these users.

Thanks