2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 9:12 PM by pawans

Webhook for all contents?

thundercat

Dear community,

I would like to be notified about every content that is added to a Jive instance (in every place), no matter if it is a blog post, a message in discussion etc..

My first naive approach would be to register a webhook the root space:

https://community.jivesoftware.com/api/core/v3/places/root

Does such a webhook inform about every possible content (including sub sub spaces or comments on comments) or only about changes to the children of root?

Thanks,

Mark

• Re: Webhook for all contents?

Using the Data Export API might be a more reasonable approach, as it collects all content creation anyway. Webhooks aren't always as stable as we wish in my experience ( Max Klinger also has some war stories about this), and I haven't seen much information about scalability at this level.

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Webhook for all contents?
              pawans

We had a bit similar use case where we wanted to get notified of something for which there were no webhooks.

And that too within 1-5 mins max. Depending on that our service had to take some action.

We utilised Data Export Api. We gave a filter for specific events and time duration of last 10 mins to the api.

There was no performance issue and we have it working for more than a month now.

So even I would suggest Data Export api.

1 person found this helpful