Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update: we will not be combining the two groups.
About the situation
I've dug a little deeper and thought more strategically about this and have come up with the following facts.
- The Jive Community has official places already for Partners and Developers. We do not have an official Jive space for Community Managers.
- Both of the Jive Internal Communities and Jive External Communities places are groups, and primarily peer-to-peer discussion groups at that. I believe that these groups serve the purpose of providing focused places for community discussions to take place. And in fact, the content reflects the success in doing just that.
- We lack official content directed at community managers to help them with the hot topics in managing their communities.
- We lack connections between the places that already exist for community managers such as the places listed above as well as the multiple training groups for community managers.
A centralized Jive-owned space just for community managers. That does mess with the groups we have that already work and addresses the needs outlined above.
Community Manager space:
- Contains thought-leadership content (blogs, best practices, how-to docs) aimed at the challenges community managers face.
- Links/CTAs to community manager training
- Feeds from both the Internal and External community discussion groups
- A widget to ask the community management experts (I'm going field those questions and loop in our professional services experts as needed)
It will be a great space for newcomers to get started in community management while still encouraging the great deep discussions happening among community members who have a little more experience.
What you should know
I'm going to launch the new space a long with the new home page design, see The Jive Community is being redesigned! I'll also be moving blog content that I consider general CM best practices over to the Community Manager space. I'll ask for permission in advance if the content was written by a non-Jiver.
I hope that we can build this space into a fantastic place for all community managers.
Thank you for your continued feedback and support.