4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 1:09 PM by idmnstr

Pivot Table Charts supported?

idmnstr

Hi,

I am having an issue of uploading an Excel file that has a Pivot Table chart within it.  The upload takes place.  The chart is there with title and legend but no chart.

I did a search and found that in 2012 it was not supported.  Is it supported now?

Regards,

Jim

• Re: Pivot Table Charts supported?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for raising this concern around pivot table support in Jive.  Without direct access to the test/sample file and knowing the specific version of Jive that you're, I'm unable to confirm with certainty.  However, pivot tables in generally will not render.  Older versions of Jive, this prevented conversion from working altogether.  In later versions of Jive, including the latest version of Jive Cloud, the conversion service will attempt to faithfully recreate the document in the preview with exception to unsupported elements.

Do you have a sample file of what you're trying to upload that is shareable?  If you do but cannot share the file for confidentiality reasons, please consider submitting a support case in your Jive Community customer group.  If you're not familiar with this process, I would recommend reaching out to your community manager for guidance.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

idmnstr

Jeph,

We are using Jive SBS Version: 6.0.3.1.

Thank you for your suggestion on reaching out to our community manager.  I have created a ticket to get that ball rolling.  This will help with the confidential nature of our data.

Now that you have our version number, Can you give me some better expectations on what should work with uploading Pivot Tables?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for confirming.  Unfortunately, pivot tables have been reported not to convert (preview) in Jive 6 as per JIRA bug JIVE-36281, which is still under investigation.  The same file tested against Jive 7, 8, and Jive Cloud seem to convert.

Since Jive document conversion uses LibreOffice, you may compare against the Jive conversion by installing a local version of LibreOffice and loading the same Excel file.  Since Jive 6 is at end of life, an additional step would be to test against Jive 8 (if available) to validate if the issue exists there as well, since it may have already been fixed between versions.  If you see any discrepancies or run into specific conversion issues, feel free to file a support case to investigate further, since we'll likely need a sample of what you were trying to convert.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang