4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 4:11 PM by John Schwiller

Tips and Tricks

John Schwiller

This one needs a refresh.

Tips and tricks

Manage Your Activity Streams

Your Activity page may look intimidating: when you're at the top level, you can see all the activity generated in your community. But as you start working in CGI Jive, you'll start personalizing your stream. As you begin following people, places, and content, clicking a stream shows you only activity from the sources you follow. For example, you can see activity for groups you belong to as well as colleagues at your same level in the Connections stream. At any time, you can click the Filter menu to catch up with status updates only. That's a great way to see what other people in the community are excited about. Another way is to check out Trending Content and Trending People widgets in the right pane.

After you've been using CGI Jive for a while, Recommended For You can show you activity you might have missed based on its popularity and relevance to you and your interests. You can help the Recommender learn about what you want to see. Not interested? Click the x next to an item to banish it.

• Re: Tips and Tricks

What version are you on? I don't believe this has been updated in quite a while.

John Schwiller

Cloud, 2015.2.2 - so not that easy to fix ourselves (but not sure if the file is per client or shared across all clients).

Dare I suggest that checking these be part of the quarterly upgrade process? (or at least a major release task)   - I say that as they randomly appear on the bottom of email updates so might be confusing for noobs?

You can even file a Support case if you want.    Developers would have to change this, as it's part of the code.

John Schwiller

Nah - based on today, I'd probably get told it isn't working because we were dumb enough to turn on some beta code (new docs or questions). This seems to becoming a 'standard' response over the last few weeks. Appreciate that Support is totally swamped, and Engineering have way better things to be doing right now.

But IMO this is a quality engineering / governance thing. Our company wouldn't be allowed to get away with something like that by our clients. I appreciate it's not your problem (think you've told me that before now I remember).

Best...