4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 11:07 AM by kimberly.ray

Send invites button for JiveX 8

romainpaillas

Hello,

I'm working on a Jive-X v8 project, where the "global" sent invites button disappear (like the one we have in the left menu of the Jive Community)

Does somebody can share a tip to republish it ? (code, links, etc.)

Thanks

• Re: Send invites button for JiveX 8

Hi Romain,

Thanks for bringing this concern around the missing invite button to our attention.  In Jive Cloud and Jive 8, I believe this has been moved to the /people page.  Could you please review and confirm if you're able to see and utilize this for the same functionality?

Regards,

Jeph Yang

romainpaillas

Hello Jeph,

I see it in /people, but on a JiveX it's not the most viewed page... I'm looking to move it on the homepage on a new button (with appropriate id / code)

Thanks,

Romain

Hi Romain,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately, moving it or creating custom code to replicate this elsewhere is outside the scope of Jive Customer Support and will likely requirement development work.  If you're looking to develop this yourself, I would recommend posting a question to the Jive Developers space for guidance from the greater development community.  Otherwise, you may wish to look into a Jive Professional Services (PS) engagement to look into the feasibility of customizing this.

Let me know if you'd like to be put in touch with our PS team.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

kimberly.ray

We have the same request.  The "Send Invites" button was available on both the Community/Home page and People page in Jive 6 but only on the People page in Jive 8.  It appears the functionality was not moved to the People page but rather was removed from the Community/Home page. The Home page in Jive 8 only allows widgets to be added and it appears a widget is needed for the Send Invites functionality. Is that correct?