2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 5:58 AM by jean.daries

Can Deleted Documents Be Restored for all versions of JIVE?

jnegler@equusoft.com

I have deleted a document that I need to restore so I followed these instructions Can Places or Content Be Restored after Being Deleted? However, the deleted documents are not listed in Document Management on the Admin console. I confirmed that no deleted documents were showing by adding a test document, seeing it in the list then deleting it and seeing it disappear from the list. I am 100% sure that I was able to do this at some point. Can you please let me know if this behavior has changed? And why I cannot restored deleted documents? Is it possible that version of JIVE we are running no longer allows delete restores?

Thanks!
      Joanna Negler

https://equusoft.jiveon.com

• Re: Can Deleted Documents Be Restored for all versions of JIVE?

Hi Joanna,

Yes, all current versions of Jive (7, 8 and Cloud) should have this feature available. For example, the expected behavior is as follows (a Jive Cloud instance was used in this example):

Once a document is deleted a banner should be displayed when navigating to it as an admin user:

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 8.38.02 AM.png

When in this state the following entry should appear in the admin console >> spaces >> document management tab, which allows you to restore the document

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 8.38.12 AM.png

If you are seeing a different behavior in your instance I would recommend opening up a case in your secret customer group here in the Jive Community so that a support engineer can further investigate the specific behavior you are seeing in your instance. When doing this if you could provide the following it should assist in the investigation.

1. A link to the document

2. The username you were logged in with when you deleted the document

3. Approximate time you deleted the document

Thanks!

• Re: Can Deleted Documents Be Restored for all versions of JIVE?
              jean.daries

I have the issue, and up o now, no solution can be fully satisfying.

The right solution we would expect Jive releases to provide should allow to restore all types if contents (not only documents), and places' structures.

Since only documents can be restored, through the admin console and in the spces managemetn tab, all documents or contents shared Inside a deleted place cannot be restored.

What is Jive preparing to solve that issue ??

Thanks !!!