4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 11:58 AM by jeph.yang

Jive 8 News feature

Hady

Hello,

We will be upgrading to Jive 8 on-premise later this year and I am now trying out the new features in the new version.

I created few profiles and set up few user profiles. Some users have the word "Sales" in the Department field on their profile, some users have the word "Technology" in the same field.

I set up two  News feeds, one for all users in the Technology department to see, another one for all users in the Sales department to see.

One user changed their department from Technology to Sales, but they still see the Technology News pushed to them, it didn't update automatically to their Sales Department.

Isn't supposed to update automatically?

Thanks

(Note that I am testing in a cloud trial environment right now)

• Re: Jive 8 News feature

Hi Hady,

Thanks for raising this report for the News stream not updating along with the user profile changes.  My understanding of this is that the streams are build asynchronously for performance reasons, so there may be a delay while this data is process.  Could you please try rebuilding the stream to see if that resolves the issue?  Please refer to the procedure and additional details outlined in the documentation here:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/cloud_int/comm_mgr/jive.help.core/#admin/RebuildingaNewsStream.html

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

1 person found this helpful
              Hady

Hi Jeph

Thanks for the instructions on how to rebuild the News stream, I did that.

My company has 80,000 employees, there are users moving jobs daily,  so the expectation is to often rebuild each News stream manually? 

How often does the automatic sync happen?

Thanks

Hi Hady,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't have a precise guidance on how long this takes, since the design is intended to have a light footprint to avoid performance impact.  I'll look to see if we have more specific details I can share with you.  In the meantime, if you continue to see out-of-sync issues when users change profile fields after some time, I would recommend submitting a support case in your Jive Community customer group to investigate this further.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

Hi Hady,

After reviewing this internally, I believe the sync should take place within about ten minutes (not a hard rule, but should give you a general timeframe for expectation).  If you continue to see issues with the News stream remaining out of sync, I would recommend submitting a support case in your Jive Community customer group for a deeper investigation.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang