2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 2:29 PM by guenther@ge.com

How can group admin confirm new users

guenther@ge.com

Here is my scenario that I'm looking for advice on:

We are running Jive cloud, hosted by Jive.  We have several social groups that are used for collaboration with ourselves and our customers in different engagements and have external users enabled.  Each group has a group administrator (who is not a Jive System Administrator).  The group administrator invites people to the group, including external parties.

When an external party is explicitly invited to a group by their email address, when they accept the invitation and create the account using the same email address, two things happen: A Jive System Administrator needs to approve the user account, despite being explicitly invited by the group administrator; secondly, a Jive System Administrator has to change these new users to a standard user for them to participate in the group.

I would like the group administrators to be self-sufficient.  We do not have a full time Jive Administrator.  When a user who's been invited to a group accepts, they shouldn't have to be approved again, but if it's necessary, the group admin who invited them should be able to do that.  I don't see a way that they can approve it.  Also, when a user had been invited, they should just be a standard user.

How can this be done so we don't have to have a Jive System Administrator constantly monitoring when a new external user is invited and added, and make sure they can participate.  We work around several timezones and I really want these group administrators to be able to be self sufficient.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• Re: How can group admin confirm new users

Hi Adam,

Hopefully I'll be able to answer you questions.

When an external party is explicitly invited to a group by their email address, when they accept the invitation and create the account using the same email address, two things happen: A Jive System Administrator needs to approve the user account, despite being explicitly invited by the group administrator

It sounds like moderation is enabled in which case, this can be changed two different ways;  One way is you to disable moderation or the other is to only enable it for addresses matching the blacklisted domain list. This would remove the moderation requirement that is currently in place unless their domain is blacklisted.

1.png

secondly, a Jive System Administrator has to change these new users to a standard user for them to participate in the group.

Depending on whether or not you want the groups to be externally accessible or not, you can either make the group an externally accessible, this document goes over how to manage those groups Managing External Groups. Or if you do not want those users to be externally users but rather standard users, then all you would need to do it as their domain to the Community Domain List as shown below:

2.png

This document goes over Configuring User Registration

Hope this helps.