4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 9:08 AM by mhavrilla

Salesforce user isn't allowed to fetch required data

mhavrilla

I'm new to Jive and trying to configure a Jive Deal Room - Salesforce Integration.  Once I select the template, I get the remote authentication window for Salesforce and approve it. I can view the opportunities in the drop down. However once I click apply and save the template I get the following error: "Salesforce user isn't allowed to fetch required data"

Has anyone else had this issue. Is it a permissions issue in Salesforce for my user? Colleagues of mine have had the same experience.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

• Re: Salesforce user isn't allowed to fetch required data

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about the error you're seeing with the Salesforce integration.  The error messaging suggests that the integration user doesn't have the required permission on the Salesforce side to query the data.  Please review the configuration steps outlined here:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/cloud_int/comm_mgr/jive.help.core/#admin/ManagingDealRoom.html

In particular, when you get to the installation instructions here:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/cloud_int/comm_mgr/jive.help.core/#admin/InstallingDealRoom.html

You'll want to ensure that the user is provisioned permissions on step 5 and 6.  I would suggest removing and reconfiguring the integration.  If the issue persists, please submit a support case in your Jive Community customer group for targeted troubleshooting.  If you're not familiar with your case submission process, please reach out to your community manager for guidance.

Let me know if you had any other questions with this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

mhavrilla

Hi Jeph,

I've already installed Jive Deal Rooms into SFDC.  I am able to connect in my developer edition. Which makes me think it's something with the customization of the opportunity object in the sandbox. What I'm wondering, is if there is a way to get a more detailed error message from Jive to see exactly where our problem lies. (We have a pretty big org and pretty complex opportunity object)

Hi Michael,

Were you able to verify if the permissions were provisioned as per step 5 and 6 that I referenced?

As for error logging, I'm not aware of any specific overrides that would log this the Deal Rooms specifically.  If reconfiguring the tile and ensuring the permissions are provisioned doesn't resolve the issue, I would recommend submitting a support case to investigate further.  If you are a Hosted of Jive Cloud customer, Jive Customer Support will have access to your logs for analysis, so you'll only need to provide the date/time/timezone when you tested it.  If you're testing on an on-premise installation, you'll need to provide the sbs.log and sbs.out application logs yourself at /usr/local/jive/var/logs/.

Regards,

Jeph Yang